Here's how it works
- Registration starts at 9:00 a.m. on April 27, 2013. The Walk starts at 10:00, last walkers should leave by 11:00 a.m., teams of 8 people will head out on a 5 km walk through the Toronto Beach parks and Queen Street, collecting playing cards to make the winning poker hand. Poker showdown, party, and prize awards follow immediately after the walk. The walk starts and finishes at the Leuty Pavilion.
- There will be Dealer Booths along the way. Each team will have one deck of playing cards, drawing one card at each booth and picking up the seventh card at the Leuty Pavilion.
- Extra cards awarded for extra funds raised by your team.
- Teams select 5 of their cards to make the best poker hand possible, which becomes their entry
- Team Sponsors - each team may be sponsored by and comprised of individuals from local companies (e.g. employees, associates, clients, families or friends).
- Placards - each team carry a placard with their sponsor and team names. Before or after the Walk, this stand-alone sign can also be displayed at your company's office or other suitable location.
- Lunch will be served at 12:00 p.m. with entertainment and other activities wrapping up by 1:30 p.m.
- Feature prizes will be awarded to the qualified teams with 3 top poker hands and the 3 top fundraising teams.
- Royal Flush Winner:
The team with the best poker hand
- Four Aces Winner:
The team with the second best hand
- Full House Winner:
The team with the third best hand
These three winning teams will take their pick of fabulous team prizes:
Winner must be present to win and to have a minimum of $250 in donations.
Items available for sale in support of HIV/AIDS related projects.
- Teams pick out their 7th and last free card.
- Best hand Poker Showdown - each team puts their best 5 cards forward
- Prizes Awarded to teams and individuals
- Over by 1:30pm